Friday, October 22, 2010

Early morn

6AM, standing in the factory parking lot facing west as the full moon heads for the mountains. The sun is an hour and a half from rising and it's 40F. Winter isn't far away.

About 7:30AM as the sun clears the horizon and sets this maple aflame! The landowners are unaware I'm about the place snapping pictures. They are just as unaware of the glory I witness as they go about their morning routines warm inside their house. Of course they live on the farm and I'm only visiting my garlic bed. I try not to disturb their routines with my quick visits.

From the garlic bed on Grandfather Cool's old farm. This is one of my earliest memories, this mountain to the west of most of my life. I always know where I am when I see that tree covered pile of rock.

The garlic is coming up! So are the weeds. :o)))))

I'm hoping for enough snow to keep the garlic safe this winter, but not so much that we have to deal with the cold white stuff ourselves. I wonder how the gods would manage that if I were to ask them? Localized snow fall?

Instead of worrying about what I can't control I'd best be figuring out how and where I'm going to dry and cure 770 bulbs come summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment