Thursday, October 7, 2010

Two more garlic varieties for 2010



This is the last of it. The bed will be pretty much full and a bit of snow down will be welcome. My, how my attitude about snow has changed! :o)

I'm not particularly pleased with the Pskem River I got from SSE. This is the second time I've bought the variety from them and each time I've had to toss out a bad bulb. If I had another source I'd probably not buy live plants from them at all. Seeds, yes! I've had very good success with their seeds!

The goal this growing season is to save enough garlic of each variety I've planted to double the amounts I plant next year. By the following year I should have a good idea as to which varieties will do well for us under our average growing conditions. If I get a really nice crop I'll try selling some of it locally. Or send some of it to my friend in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment