Sunday, December 4, 2011

Contentment

I seldom reach a point of contentment, especially where food is concerned. I discovered swai in the supermarkets a few months ago and finally took a chance that, as it's a fish (Iridescent Shark- a fresh water catfish), I'd probably like it. I did, as long as I marinaded it in a Greek salad dressing for at least 8 hours before coating it and deep fat frying it in a mix of canola, olive and sunflower oils.

I let my factory thinking screw up a pleasant meal. Reduce costs and time. Tonight I skipped the marinade.

An international meal my mother would never have been able to prepare when I was a kid. The swai is from India, the paprika from Hungary, the sea salt from France, the sunflower oil the Ukraine, and the pepper corns from Southeast Asia? The canola/olive oil was bottled in Baltimore near as I can tell. Though I've not heard of olive trees growing there. Everything else looks to be a product of the USA.

Seasoned and floured. Waiting for the fry pot to finish a batch of french fries.

Ha! I forgot to mention the paper lined dish is from Poland!

Okay, I suspect Merlot doesn't go with fish and fries, but the ketchup suits it well enough.

Next batch of swai I fry will be marinaded. Son Jack and the Mad One both love the fish flavored that way. Now that I've had it without the marinade I have to agree. Somethings I should be content with. Greek marinade for this fish is one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment